Monday, May 5, 2014

What to do, What to do?

I was going to kick off this post with a rant. I was going to dive into a long and sordid story about why we don't have the crib for my daughter that we registered for and, in fact, received as a gift. However, I don't know that the story in and of itself is all that interesting, and I feel like vomiting it all out here would really just take me back through the negativity unnecessarily. So, let's not.
For simplicity's sake, let's just start with the fact that we do not, in fact, have the crib that was intended for my daughter.

Also, I have had an inkling for the last two weeks or so that my Little Man was ready for us to transition him into a toddler bed. His crib converts into a toddler bed, so that was the plan. However, we went to IKEA with a friend and her girls the other day, and when we entered the kids' section, Little Man launched himself right into the first toddler bed that he saw. So, I decided that I was done with the drama of the crib for Little Miss, and started poking around online, looking for a deal on a toddler bed. I found one, snatched it up, spent all day organizing and "child-proofing" Little Man's room, and made the switch. Last night was night two in his big boy bed, and he's doing AWESOME! I'm super stoked!

I have made incredible progress in Little Miss' room. I have a before picture that I took when I was still pregnant with her, showing just a snapshot into the time it spent as a junk room...and it's embarrassing. I will post it, but not today. I transferred the organizational hanging closet system from Little Man's room into hers, and have more progress to make in regards to organizing it -- especially in regards to her clothes. Girls' clothes are WAAAY different than boys' clothes...waaay different.
I still have some progress to make in getting some of my old stuff out.

Our poor guest room has been invaded by a bunch of the extra stuff. I will be working simultaneously on that room as I finish decluttering and decorating Little Miss' room.

However, I am seeking opinions on the crib color. The crib I registered for was white, and that's what I intend to paint Little Man's former crib. Do you think that's the best choice?

The room walls are this color, Behr Great Falls:


The bedding (that I just received this week, SQEEEEEEEEEE!!!) is MiGi Rainbow:




I have a short, antique dresser that I will be painting turquoise.

And I also have an old dresser that I've painted previously that I will be repainting a soft pink (I'd like to do an ombre finish, but don't know if I have the time or patience...or if it will be overkill -- I'd welcome your thoughts on that as well!).

The only other furniture I'm planning on having in there at present is the crib. So, the big question is: paint it white, or another color? It's getting pretty loud in there at present, but I wanted some input!

I don't have the artwork/decor selected yet. So far, the only thing I've purchased are these art cards from IKEA:


I also found this on Bed Bath and Beyond's site:
I'll need to see the colors in person to make sure they'd work but, if they do, I just might buy it as opposed to making my own. Or I might not go this direction at all, who knows?

I did just use a gift card to order this prints frame:
Big brother has one just like it, and I love it, so I definitely wanted one for Little Miss' room.

Okay -- I think that is all the information I have for right now. Hoping to make a lot of progress over the next few days, and have some updates for you!


2 comments:

  1. I'd skip the ombre it feels overkill-ish. I can't remember what color his crib is now, do you even need to paint it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided to definitely skip the ombre -- I've actually changed my mind again (shocker) on what to do with the dressers. A post is coming soon on that! You're right, though, it would definitely have been overkill.
      Little Man's crib was/is black -- I think the white would just look fresher and cleaner -- but it's going to be a beast to paint. I'm avoiding that project, but need to make a decision and just do it, so that Little Miss can actually have a bed!

      Delete