Friday, November 6, 2015

Dressers Have Nine Lives?

No, I know, it's cats...but, well, this dresser might.

This is my son's room. Well, it is, and it was. It is still his room, but it doesn't look exactly like this anymore (more on that soon).


See that dresser on the right side, with the changing pad on top?
That is the focus of this blog post. It has since been moved to my bedroom.
But, it needs a new life. Again.

Poor dresser, it was mine growing up, technically, though it stayed in my brother's room. It was part of a set that my grandparents got for me. When we found out we were pregnant with Little Man, I painted it black to match his bedroom furniture.

Now that it's in my room, something has got to give!

I've got the hardware picked out, and I could not be more stoked.

I snagged these babies from Anthropologie:


And found these beauties off etsy to help me cover over the holes from the original hardware that are kind of showing themselves again:


And, I thought that I knew what color I was going to paint it...Coral by Rustoleum


But then, I found this...Poppy Red by Rustoleum


So, what do you think?

I think I'm leaning toward the Poppy Red, and painting the backplates white.

I'm going to add a textured wallpaper to the side panels to spice things up...and some contact paper to the interior of the drawers, because they are in rough shape.

This piece is going to be FIERCE.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment