Monday, June 24, 2013

Endless To Dos

I am a to do list making fiend. I have been for as long as I can remember.
Similarly to my last post, even the manner in which I both write and complete my to do lists is flawed. It's a little bit of the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie thing again. I try to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish, and try to put them in priority order (I am improving in that, at least, thanks to my husband). However, I never seem to be able to write down just the things that I need to get done in a manageable time frame. It always starts off that way at first but, inevitably, I start almost daydreaming tasks...create an "if I had all the time in the world" sort of list, with no projected end date in sight. Obviously, that leaves me with a HUGE list of things I want to accomplish, preceded by things I have to accomplish; and, honestly, I think my excitement for the things I want to do so outweighs the things that I have to do, and my enthusiasm wanes enough for the things I have to do, that I lose momentum in doing them. This leads to discouragement that I haven't accomplished those things, leads to them being transferred to another to do list for an alternate day, and the cycle begins again.
I'm a mess, right? :)

This is what I'm attempting to change about myself. I'm taking the little victories in stride, and trying not to let my setbacks overcome me.

That is what my next several posts will be about -- reclaiming the messiest, most unorganized parts of my home, and taking it off that infernal to do list. Obviously, things will need to be done to maintain these changes, but as far as actually getting organized to begin with -- that's what I'll be documenting.

Stay tuned, and here's hoping there are a lot more checks on my list, and a lot less empty boxes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment