Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Painting Plans

Well, we've already had our first big cold front of the winter. This is extremely unusual, especially for around here. Typically, we're all wearing flip flops and short sleeves well into December. Our first front has passed, we're back into what would be considered "normal," albeit unseasonal, and I have maybe one day left in order to accomplish what I absolutely HAVE to before the cold settles in.

So, here are the THREE things that I HAVE to get done before the cold hits (there are more that I'd like to accomplish, but there's just no way I can do it all...so I have to draw the line):

LITTLE MISS' CRIB

LITTLE MISS' DRESSER

LITTLE MAN'S BATMOBILE

While looking up similar styles of cribs to attempt to show what it looks like assembled, I found one...but it was connected to a recall notice due to danger of collapsing -- so, I've got to do some more research on that make and model before I paint the crib.

So, today, I was only able to start on the Cozy Coupe to Batmobile transformation. I got dish soap, a sponge, and a water hose, and set to rinsing off and scrubbing the thing down. I was pretty surprised at how much dirt I found in there. Ew! My sweet friend ordered a replacement gas cap for me, and I swapped that out too. The old one was brittle, and part of it snapped off inside the car itself, but I figure it won't be that big of a deal. I certainly don't anticipate Little Man being bothered by it.

After letting the Cozy Coupe dry, I got out my yellow and chrome spray paint, and went to work. I sprayed the side panels, seat, steering wheel, gas cap, dash, and front grill yellow. I spray painted the center of the wheels chrome (very messily, I might add, DEFINITELY going to need to touch that up later). I did 3-4 coats of yellow, and plan on doing at least one more tomorrow during the day before I move on to the next color.

I found a Batman logo that I liked online, and saved it. My plan is to take measurements in the morning, email the graphic to myself, then steal my hubby's Photoshop program to print the logos to the sizes that I need for the varying locations I want to put it. Currently, I have ELEVEN places that I'm considering applying the Batman logo!!!! A casual Facebook poll I took indicated that no number of logos was too many, and I do like a good odd number. I might take it down to nine...but we'll just have to see what the light of day brings tomorrow.

I know it will include a lot of painters' tape, a lot of cutting, and a lot of paint! Hopefully it'll all turn out well. And, hopefully I'll have time to do it! Tomorrow is BUSY!

I'm also hoping to get the dresser downstairs (can't do it by myself, doncha know), and get that painted. Though, come to think of it, I need to grab some primer for it. I'll write another post about my plans for that. I'll probably have to hope for an additional warm day to finish all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment