Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Miss' Room Option #2

The second idea I have for our Little Miss' nursery is rather simple. Basically, it would involve just finding bedding that I liked that coordinated well enough with the wall color that is already in the room, and adding accents and features that I like to that.

This was the first bedding set I found that I really liked, Mudhut Dawn Pink Collection:
 
I really think it's pretty without being overkill girly (I do believe in such a thing, though I know others don't, haha!), and would go well with the purple (though, I'd have to see it in person to be sure). I love the patterns.


This next one is by Sumersault, and I believe it's called Chelsea:


It's awesome, has varying colors that would make it easy to bring in additional pops of color around the room, and again would coordinate well with the existing paint. It seems oddly fun and classy at the same time. Not sure how they accomplished that, but, I like it :)


This next one is a bit of a stretch, as the colors don't coordinate really at all. There is a purple stripe in the fabric, but it's a substantially darker purple than the walls are. It still might work, and might be a good direction to go to keep from making the room too monochromatic. It's Layla Floral Baby Girl Bedding by Sweet JoJo Designs:


Like I said, I think this one is a bit of a stretch, though I do like the pattern quite a bit.
Do you think it's too different to work with a light, dusty purple? Or, do you think it'd be different in a positive sense?


Acknowledging what an awesome ability it is to even be able to choose what bedding I want, and being able to decorate a room for my little girl is something I feel like I should communicate. I feel quite petty fretting over which crib set to get, or how to decorate the room...but I do recognize that I am fortunate to be able to do so, and it's just something that I get excited about and enjoy planning.

I suppose what's missing, inspiration wise, is a direction. I mean, instead of a theme, like Dr. Seuss for my son's room, I'm really using a wall for a starting point, and that's not as exciting as one might think ;)
Although, to be fair, it's really the same with Option #1 - I was just sold on the colors, rather than trying to work with them. 

I think, if I committed to one of these, I would be able to find some accent to go in the room to eventually be the focus and thematic inspirational element of the room. Once I got to that point, I would be able to paint a much more excited concept for the room. I really do like all of these options, I just don't quite have a handle on which direction they would go.

So, there's those options (lumped together under number two).
Pros: color variation, flexibility of theme, I wouldn't have to paint the room
Con: I'm not strongly drawn to one in particular- I do like all of them for different reasons
I've got one more to go!
(if you missed Option #1, check it out here!)

3 comments:

  1. I like those first two with the pinky-purple colors.
    Why can't your theme be elephants? You mentioned loving them. You could find an elephant design/elblem/picture to center your room around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback!
    I have strongly considered doing elephants, but I might have already done our downstairs guest bathroom in elephants ;) I've toyed with the idea of circus accents, so I can casually toss in a few elephants and not raise too many eyebrows, but it's so hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I see. Trying to avoid going elephant crazy. :) sneaking them in subtly seems like a safe bet

    ReplyDelete