Friday, August 30, 2013

Little Miss' Room Option #3

Alrighty - here is the final option for Little Miss' room. Like I mentioned in my last post, I was having a hard time coming up with a theme for the room. While thinking through countless of my favorite children's books, I finally thought of something that I think would be absolutely adorable. Maybe too adorable: Beatrix Potter

I absolutely love her illustrations, the books are absolutely ones that I will be reading to my children as they grow up, and I would have a blast recreating some of the illustrations to use as decorations in the nursery. Pottery Barn has a Peter Rabbit Nursery Bedding Set that would look, I think, quite nice in the room with the current paint. The bedding is a little green but, as I don't think I would be using the bumper, and might try to find a different crib skirt, shouldn't be overkill. Isn't it so cute? For my purposes, I'm focusing mainly on the quilt and the sheets:


Again, while they don't exclusively match the walls, the colors in this would enable me to bring other colors easily into the room, and the illustrations of Beatrix Potter characters would be absolutely awesome (or, at least, I think they would be).

Pros: gives me a direction to go, I like the concept of the illustrations as decor, brings in other colors
Cons: has the possibility of being too character heavy (BP everywhere instead of a few subtle touches), and I'm not sure I'm sold on the green

Okay, so, there you have it. Option #1, Option #2 (which is really several), and Option #3. Decisions, decisions. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment