Monday, September 2, 2013

Art Inspiration

Currently, I'm leaning toward leaving the walls dusty purple in the soon-to-be-nursery. In an attempt to find some direction in my thoughts, and hopefully make some progress in finding a theme, I started perusing art.com for inspiration. I found sooo many things, and my brain is even more filled with ideas than it was before. But, as you will see, I think I might have found a piece that has given me a starting place. I'll just have to think on it a bit longer, and eventually make a decision.

The first print that caught my attention is called Water Lily Shadows by Jan Weiss. I love the colors, but think it might be a little "mature" for a nursery.


This next one is very pretty. Summer Patterns Tryptych. I like the different colors, and the patterns. Something about it is a little more subdued than I was planning, but the concept is nice.





When I found it, I was hoping that Bears the Question would be part of a series, or would be clear about who the artist was, so I could find similar prints. I love the style of it - sort of resembles Eric Carle, in my opinion. But, as far as I can find, it's the only one.


Then, there are some other prints that aren't of the same series, or by the same artist, but would be cute if put in the room. Like these, for instance:




I really liked this series of photographs of a fairground by Zee Longenecker. A carnival-type theme would be fun, colorful, and give me a lot of freedom in choosing accents.








I discovered this really strange artist, Lora Zombie -- there are only two prints that I felt would be nursery "appropriate," but they're still very unconventional. They're colorful, and I really like the style, but I'm uncertain as to whether it'd really be a good idea to put them in an infant's room :) Regardless, they're awesome.



I also really liked the scribble-like quality of these prints, a series by artist Irena Orlov. They're bright, colorful, and somehow childish without being cheesy.










This might be the cutest thing ever. Yes, I know it's an elephant. Also, I'm not positive that it will go with the wall color, but I might have to figure out how to get it to work.



This final one might be my favorite, though I'm not entirely sure why. It's Lover Birds Tryptych. I like the style, I like the colors, and I think it would be a great focal point in the room.

So, what do you think? Do you like any of these ideas more than the other?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! art.com huh. Going to have to check that out. I love the bear one but wonder if those purple options wouldn't get lost on a purple wall. I LOVE the carnival shots. They would really pop and like you said, give you alot of accent colors to pull.

    ReplyDelete