Monday, September 9, 2013

Operation: Inspiration Board, Nursery

I might have actually made a decision regarding Little Miss' nursery! I've been trying...really really hard, haha...to not think about the nursery all that much, and that seems to have worked! In not thinking about it, my brain would keep wandering back to various ideas, and they all seemed to fall together!

For the first time ever, I'm attempting an inspiration board (click on the picture of it below to enlarge). I used Picasa to do it. The hardest part was definitely tracking down the images I wanted and getting the links. Once all the pictures I wanted were loaded into a folder, I just clicked a button, and Picasa assembled the pictures into a collage! I was able to rearrange and reorder them, of course, but here's kind of what I'm thinking:



I'm undecided as to which carnival photo prints (top right) I want to use, as one set is tinted pink, and the other isn't. I like the one that isn't tinted because it brings in additional color, but the pink one is super cute too.

I am completely in love with the "Bears the Question" print, and I intend to make my own artwork for the room based on both that and the work of Eric Carle. I'm going to find images that I like that are circus/carnival themed, and recreate them using tissue paper and glue. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Here are the links for all the items above, in case you're interested in where I found them:

Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint - Great Falls

Mudhut Dawn Pink Crib Bedding Collection

White Resin Lamp with Purple Shade

Elephant Bank

Giraffe Bank

White Window Sheer

Carnival Photo Collection - Pink

Carnival Photo Collection

Ferris Wheel Print

Bears the Question Print

Let's Fly Away Print

Elephant - A Smile is a Curve

Elegant Wall Frames (these aren't pictured, as the photo quality was low - but check out how cute they are!)

I should add that I'm not 100% sure on the Mudhut Dawn Pink bedding, though I am leaning that way. I think it'd be between that and the Owlphabet one.

Not pictured, I have a vintage dresser that I will be refinishing for the room. I'll definitely do a post on that soon! I'm still trying to decide for sure what I'll be doing about the crib (get a new-to-us-one, repaint Little Man's, or what). I also have a standard dresser that I plan on redoing, provided we don't still need it in our master closet.

I'm hoping desperately to get Little Miss' room emptied by the end of this week, so I can start moving forward on some of these ideas!

I also want to look into stencils, to possibly add a little flair to the walls, without going too crazy. I'm thinking of painting in the same color as the rest of the room, but in a high-gloss finish, and using this stencil.

So, what do you think? :)


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I especially like the "Elephant-Smile is a Curve" picture. I'm a little biased towards elephants, because I think they are fantastic =) but there you go. =) Also, I love the yellow colors in there, I think yellow is so cheerful and adds a fun warmth to things.

    Oh, and I agree with Bekah, pink can get overwhelming fast, so putting other colors in there is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete