Thursday, September 26, 2013

Halloween Firetruck Vision

I mentioned in this post that we had been fortunate enough to come across a Step 2 Push Around Buggy at a garage sale. Little Man loves it already, but I'm planning on transforming it into a firetruck for part of his Halloween costume. He is going to be a dalmatian, and I thought it would be awesome to have a firetruck for him to ride around in. Not to mention, it'll be his first time around the neighborhood for Halloween (we probably will just walk around, as he doesn't really eat candy), and it'll be nice to have him with his own mode of transportation.

I perused Pinterest for ideas, and found a couple of really cute ones. I think the trickiest part is going to be finding a box that is the right size...though, now that I think about it, I might have one from his highchair that will work. Hmm...

Anyway, here are the pictures I think I'll use for inspiration:



The main difference between these and the one I'm imagining is that the firetruck I want to make will go over his little buggy, instead of being strapped to his shoulders.

I'm hoping that I can convince My Love to go as a firefighter (ooh la la), but I'm stumped as to how I could join in the fun. I'll be six-ish months pregnant by Halloween. I've thought of some sort of civilian who was rescued (you know, with hair curlers, a bath robe...that sort of thing), but it's not nearly as cohesive as I'd like. I suppose that I could be a firefighter too? Do y'all have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment