Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Days of December Christmas Movie Watch-a-thon Day 15: Jingle All the Way

**I lifted this from my former blog. At this time, I was rating the shows/movies I was watching by assigning them lumps of coal or sugar plums, haha!

Oh, goodness...I'm so unbelievably tired. As much as I love this challenge, I really really really didn't want to watch a Christmas movie tonight -- I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep as long as possible.

However, I'm going to give it a go.

Tonight, I've chosen to watch Jingle All the Way.



I have to say, I literally went "Ugh," as soon as I realized that Jake Lloyd was in this movie.
I'm actually quite surprised that he landed the role as Anakin, taking into account his performance in this movie. I know, I know, he's just a kid...but it's still super cheesy.

However, I was pleased to see Phil Hartman again. He was such a funny guy.
(it is too bad that his character hits on a married woman this whole film!)

I like that giant Captain America mural on Jamie's wall...that would be fun to paint in real life.

Wow, their house is HUGE. Having just looked at a whole bunch of houses the last few days, I'm a little more aware of that sort of thing than usual. :sigh: I'm super grateful that we sold our house, but house-hunting is exhausting. Not to mention I haven't even started packing up our house yet. I'm going to have to get to work on that. Thankfully, I located our storage unit key today, so that ought to help ;)

Awww, the reindeer is super cute! Well, he's so ugly he's cute :D

This plot is so sad. And, unfortunately, probably a decent reflection of the insanity that overtakes the US population around Christmas. I know I feel the pressure to give family and friends presents, even if it isn't financially viable for me at the time. Obviously, that means I need to start planning for Christmas and holidays in advance, so that's not a problem, but it's astounding to me what we justify to ourselves in the name of "Christmas." Which, ironically, is not "the reason for the season."

I didn't realize that Sinbad's name wasn't Sinbad.

Ahhh! I love James Belushi! I didn't remember that he was in this movie! I loved him so much in Return to Me.

"Look, we got one chance a year to prove that we're not screw-ups, and what do we do? We screw it up." -- so not true...but so often the defeatist sort of attitude I take on various subjects.

Can I just say that I kind of love watching this movie and realizing that this guy is governor of California? It just tickles me :)

As a side-note, if that kid didn't recognize his dad because of his thick accent, he's not very bright :/

This is a fun, albeit somewhat annoying movie. It has a good message, though it takes quite a while to get to the point, and actually spends so much time on what not to do, it's hard to narrow down the moral of the story. I think it's pretty much a movie that I'll watch every Christmas season, though. Not quite a classic or staple, but definitely worth watching. I rate it a reasonable 3 sugar plums.

No comments:

Post a Comment