Thursday, December 26, 2013

Days of December Christmas Movie Watch-a-thon Day 17: White Christmas

This season, needing a girl's afternoon, and knowing my husband would likely never agree to sit down and watch this with me, a wonderful friend came over (bearing Mexican food, yum!), and we watched White Christmas.






I think, honestly, this was only the second time that I've ever watched the film. I'm not sure if it was just because it was already on my mind, or maybe people were just more vocal about their affection for this movie this year, but I feel like my Facebook feed was filled with love and adoration for White Christmas.

So, we watched it. We had a lovely, pleasant afternoon, and had fun watching the movie. It's cute, and well done, but I don't think it's one of my favorites. I don't dislike it...I just don't think it makes the cut for "favorite" Christmas movies.

It does make me wish I could dance and sing...even a fraction as well as the cast of this movie. Man, they can move! I guess the cheese factor is a little high for me. I don't know if that's actually fair, as I certainly love me some cheese...maybe this isn't just my type of cheese? Perhaps it's Limburger, and I like Gouda? Hahahaha...that doesn't even make sense.

I do, certainly, appreciate the production of it all...and I will absolutely watch it again -- it's a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment