Thursday, December 12, 2013

Days of December Christmas Movie Watch-a-thon Day 8: Justice League - Comfort and Joy

Please forgive me while I geek out -- I love Justice League, Season 2, episode 23, Comfort and Joy. Flipping love it.
This "review" is completely biased. I love this episode more each time that I watch it. I don't know if I could analyze it objectively...so, I'm not even going to try.

I love that Martian Manhunter is invited home to the Kent's home for Christmas. I love the way they mess with my emotions...making me feel safe and at home with the Kents- nostalgic for Christmas, making me pity Martian Manhunter as he struggles to participate in and acclimate to the holiday, and I love when he is given a sweater as a Christmas present. Classic!

 
I also really enjoy the montage of MM traveling around, watching others "do" Christmas...I especially appreciate when he catches Clark trying to peek into his presents, only to find them lined with lead. Bahahaha!
I love that Michael Rosenbaum is The Flash, I love that he does a little speech that inspires Ultra-Humanite to help the children. I do not like the farting duck toy, however. It will be, unfortunately, a factor in my deciding when Little Man should see this episode. I do, however, have to say that I thoroughly enjoy that Ultra-Humanite rewires the horrible toy, and he speaks in his glorious accent to the orphans <3
I'm not a huge fan of the weird planet that Hawkgirl visits with Green Lantern. I appreciate all the fun things done with the GL ring in the snow, but my enjoyment of that plot line pretty much ends there.

Despite not really being a cat person, it makes my heart happy that Martian Manhunter closes out the episode in his actual form, petting the cat that used to despise him, and singing in his native language...while the Kents eavesdrop outside the door.

:sigh of contentment:

No comments:

Post a Comment