Monday, December 9, 2013

Days of December Christmas Watch-a-thon Day 5 & 6

I don't even want to count these...I really don't. But, I'm a mommy now, so we're going to go ahead and include them, since they're Christmas themed, and I watched them.

Day 5: Dragons- Gift of the Night Fury

I still haven't shown Little Man How to Train Your Dragon, because I think he is a little young yet. Although, when the time comes, I know he's just going to love Toothless...he reminds me so much of our Sadie (even though she's a girl...and a dog, not a dragon). Anyway, we started to watch this holiday episode...we didn't finish it. It wasn't particularly bad or anything, it just didn't hold LM's attention, and it wasn't particularly Christmas-y. They had a holiday they were celebrating: Snoggletog. Come to think of it, though, I'm not even sure why they celebrated that. Perhaps I would have found out if we'd stuck around to watch the whole thing, haha. Oh well.








Day 6: Curious George- A Very Monkey Christmas

Now, this one, this one we watched in its entirety. Or, at least, it played out to the end. I don't believe LM was actively watching it by the end. I liked the bit where George didn't understand the concept of how many days there were left until Christmas...that felt very real to me, and was a bit of a look at my not-too-distant-future.
I felt like this was a little less typical-George, and I liked that. A little less of the trouble-making-with-no-consequences. A little more just random fun stuff. Even still, it didn't leave a lasting impression on me. It's not a "classic," to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment