Thursday, December 26, 2013

Days of December Christmas Movie Watch-a-thon Day 21: The Christmas Card

**I lifted this from my former blog. At this time, I was rating the shows/movies I was watching by assigning them lumps of coal or sugar plums, haha!

The Christmas Card was suggested by my sister-in-law:



As I'm not watching it right this second, I won't be able to be quite as thorough...or, really, have a sort of running commentary as I watch it.

The basic summary is that a woman in a quaint logging town writes letters to soldiers overseas at the holidays. Our leading man gets one, and through a set of circumstances ends up visiting her hometown. They meet, and sparks fly, but she's in a relationship. A lovable ensemble cast play the woman's family. I enjoyed her uncle in particular. But I did not like her boyfriend (though, I don't believe you're supposed to).

Overall, this was a very cute movie with a good message. I give it 3 sugar plums out of 5. It had a lot of cute, quirky humor, and a lot of heart. I would have been happier if there hadn't been that awful boyfriend...but I guess they had to have an obstacle to overcome. It had some cheese, but I tend to like cheese. I think watching it with my family made it more enjoyable than if I had just come across it on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment